Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Struggles of an Introvert Mother

When I was younger I don't think I was an introvert. I LOVED people! I wanted to spend all my time with and around people, making new friends and making memories with the "old" ones.
Then after having a responsibility at a centre for young adults where I felt I had to be the life of the party, invite, welcome, plan, prepare, clean up after, make new friends constantly, meet with them regularly. It was a seven days a week job and after 4 years of it I was done. I found myself wanting to spend more and more time alone. Then I got married, and my world revolved around my husband and I felt good! I had an excuse to not be the life of the party anymore, I could be in my own little newly wed world. It was heaven! Then we started a family, and during my pregnancy I had to deal with depression and anxiety. I stopped enjoying my alone time.
Now we have two little ones, almost 1 years old and 2 years old. I LOVE being their mum! I LOVE that I get to stay home with them because of my home based business. I LOVE connecting with them and making memories every day! but I am so emotionally tired! For the longest time I thought I was still depressed and anxious. But I haven't had an anxiety attack since my last pregnancy and I love waking up in the morning, I love my life, I am simply an introvert! I look forward to spending alone time in the evening, I look forward to locking the door behind me to have a 5 minute shower by myself! I look forward to me time, every single day! And I am learning to allow myself to be ok with that :D







No comments: