Friday, September 26, 2008

What more can there be? I guess I will just have to wait and see.


I am at home, sick from work today. It's not so bad, took some pain pills and rested a bit. I decided to make myself some apple cobbler since it is easy and I have everything I need. That is when I relized how perfect my life is. I have no financial worries, I have everything I need, and am able to work hard for what I want. Wake up in the morning and go to work, after which I come home and make dinner for me and my friends. I listen to the music I want to listen to, I watch the movies I want to, I spend my time how I want and whith who I want. I am not in love and feel no loss.
On a day like today, sitting by my kitchen table looking out the window at the perfect fall day and all the colours while listening to Katie Melua and smelling the cobbler in the oven. Could there be a more perfect day! I feel alive, my sore throat makes this moment only more perfect. So fitting.
I am perfectly comfortable with myself, my life, my past and my future, so full of perfect flaws and mistakes.
And then I wonder, do I need to be happier than this, is this not enough?
do I want to be happier than this, is this not all I could hope for?
Can I be happier than this?
....I think so
and that makes it even better.