Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I love it when life sings with me



I am extremely thankful. Could it be that I have finally come to realize that I am enough. Could it be that heartbreak can last for only two days? Because I have faith in God and love and respect for myself? I am not trying to say that I am totally over him and fine... but I am fine.

This morning I slept in. My unstoppable brain thoughts were nowhere to be seen and so I could safely sleep and dream well until 11am. I worked a 10 hour shift today, and I know I have said this before, but it bears repeating; I LOVE my job!! I didn't cry at all today, instead I laughed and played and worked hard and enjoyed every minute of it! I finally found a job that I am happy to have. I used to think I was a school kind of person, born to be a student because I didn't really enjoy working all that much... but I guess I was just working in all the wrong places. Now I officially love my job, my faith, my school, my family, myself, my hobbies. Life is good! So good in fact that I feel like I am in love, but instead of being in love with someone, I am just in love with life. And I am so happy that this change from being sort of not single to being totally single hasn't ruined my happiness. Because my happiness in life was not totally based on that "relationship". It was just a bonus, and I look forward to getting a bonus again someday. But until then, I am enough, my life is enough. I am happy!
I am also thankful that I am at that place in my life right now where I wont take just any man. I can be picky, because I don't need a man, I can choose who I want to spend my time with. And I will choose someone I can trust, respect and laugh with.

I look forward to a couple of days of time off from work too, which may sound strange after having just declared my love for my job. But the thing is, there is more to life than a job, or a man, or school. I am excited to spend some time with me. I look forward to painting, and maybe writing a song or pretending to play instruments and singing. I look forward to taking a long walk by myself in the sun and maybe dipping my toes in the ocean. I look forward to spending time with my niece, going to a Relief Society meeting, going to the movies, finally watching the first half of the last part of Harry Potter, sleeping, reading, knitting, sunbathing... doing all sorts... ooo maybe I will bake! ... or cook! anyways, you know what I mean. Life is full of wonderfulness! Life is a dream coming true!


4 comments:

LMT said...

Hi you, I miss chatting with you, wish we got more time to do that. Glad today was a bright day. You do deserve it and YOU are enough!

Nancy said...

Do you ever listen to Mumford and Sons? Reading your recent posts keeps making me think of their song "After the Storm." You tube it. Here is the best line: "There will come a time, you'll see,with no more tears, when love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." Mmm. Love it.

Manallie & Saffieee said...

I love your blog and I follow you!
xxx http://www.lifeofebi.blogspot.com/

this is a nice song, maybe you like it? Jordin Sparks - One step at a time

Unifer said...

@lmt: I <3 you!!
@Nancy: I just listened to Mumford and Sons today, I love them!! Also, reading your blog always makes me happier! :D
@EbiereG: thank you hun! I gave the song a listen and I love it!! it is going on my youtube playlist!!

Hugs to you all! :)