Sunday, November 20, 2011

The in crowd

Via <3
I've been studying Social Work for two and a half years now, going to classes with the same group of 197 girls and 3 guys day after day. I know a couple of people in my classes, but since I don't smoke and am not the most outgoing person in the world I have never talked to about 90% of the people studying with me. Well... until last Saturday. We had a Saturday workshop at school, which I was not too happy about since it was a full Saturday at the end of the semester when everyone is getting nervous for finals and most people are getting ready to hand in their big assignments. So on my way to school at 8:30 on a Saturday morning I was cursing my school and my teachers and pretty much everything!
After about 30 minutes of the workshop life was much much better, and the day turned out to be a lot of fun!
I talked to a lot of new people and realized I am not the only one who feels like they know hardly anyone in the program.
At the end of the day as I was leaving to take the bus back home the smokers stopped me and asked if I wanted to come to a party... a party... with the smokers... and the cool people... AWESOME!!... but no thanks.
Maybe thats why I don't know anyone.

No comments: