Friday, December 9, 2011

My Secrets

via we heart it
She sat down by her lap top and turned on a song she had never heard before. "Believe me" by Ellie Goulding. It was surprisingly good and just fitting for the mood she was in.
The blog had been neglected for a while. No desire at all to share, even though there was plenty exciting she could write for her readers. It was probably Justin Biebers fault. No need to explain why, it just was.
But sitting there, avoiding homework and listening to this new song that was so in tune with her soul she couldn't help opening her blog and writing a few lines.

She had had the best day ever the day before. It had been different than she had expected.
First off she had expected to fail the test. Second, she had expected to visit with some friends. Third, she had expected way less excitement.

If only she knew what she was doing. If only she felt as comfortable on stage as she felt in that little room singing for a stranger on the other side of the wall. It was one of the best nights of the year for her, which she hadn't really expected, what with all the other exciting nights she had had in the past months. This one topped them all. Because she felt... good... whole... excited. Which was different.

When she felt the urge to tell everyone this voice inside calmed her down.
No one needs to know
It's time to realize my body is mine, my soul is mine, my secrets are mine.
I could always keep other peoples secrets. They weren't mine to share.
But my secrets were always the hardest to keep and somehow ended up all over town and on my blog.
Its time I realize I have plenty of space within myself to keep my own secrets. I have plenty of calm within to keep them where they belong.

I still like to write
so I will
but not about things that aren't supposed to be shared with the world

No comments: