Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cherished blessings and answered prayers

I love it when God reminds me how close He is and how much He cares. 
Lately I have been enjoying serving in my callings, I feel inspired and motivated. I have also been blessed with opportunities to teach with the Elders. Its impossible to find the right words to describe how much of a blessing it is to be able to share your testimony and to feel how it grows as you share what you love with heavenly fathers children. I feel so blessed, and so loved. How can someone as imperfect as I am be loved as much as I know my father in heaven loves me. He has blessed me in so many ways, and continues to bless me, and I don't deserve it. I have made so many mistakes in my life. 
God has a plan for all of his children, He wants us to feel lasting joy in our lives and throughout eternity and in order for us to be able to have joy He has a plan, the great plan of happiness. I know that because of His plan for me and for all of his children I can repent and feel loved and be truly happy. 

Tonight I asked God to please let me know if I would some day receive promised blessings in my life. My answer came quickly. I opened my scriptures randomly to D&C 6:20-23:


20 Behold, thou art Oliver (insert my own name), and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love.
 21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
 22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
 23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?
I rest my case.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MiriamR said...

This scripture is one of my favorites in old age! Especially with repentance, I always think back and wonder if I was really forgiven then I read that scripture and I remember the feeling of being forgiven. Anyway Lovely, just catching up on your last year of blogging :)