Friday, October 5, 2012

Sweet revenge

Now before you start judging me based on the name of today's post I think I should tell you I don't believe in revenge. I believe in God. 
If you, my dear reader friend, read my blog regularly you will know that I love my job. No seriously, I LOVE MY JOB! and it pains me to have to quit. I am sure I wouldn't have been able to quit if my fiancé weren't so darn amazing!! He is the one person who makes me excited to quit my job, because it means I am one step closer to being with him (for those who don't know, its a long distance relationship, and I quit my job to be able to move to Wales, where he resides, and marry him... I CAN'T WAIT TO MARRY HIM!!).
So anyways, a few of the reasons I love my job are:
-The people I take care of are amazing, they make me smile and laugh and sometimes they even bring happy tears to my eyes. 
-My boss is an angel! she is truly one of the most kind hearted and wonderful people I have ever met! and yet somehow she is able to encourage the employees to work hard. I used to think that in order to get results a boss had to be... well, a boss! But she is an angel!! I love and respect her!
-The people I work with are amazing! Some shifts I work alone, which is fine, but when I do have shifts with others I always, always have fun!... except for when I have a shift with JX.

Therein lies my problem. JX hates me.
A few months ago I called in sick, and as usual, I called in as early as possible in order to make it easier for whoever is working to find someone to cover for me. JX was working. 
I called in sick sometime around 10am. Hours later, at maybe 6pm-ish she texts me and says she can't find anyone to cover for me and asked if there was any way I could come in at 8pm and work till 11pm. This would not have been a problem if it weren't for the fact that I didn't have a car, and...... I am just gonna come out and say it... I had the runs, and taking the bus for about an hour to work for 3 hours and then take the bus back home for an hour when you have the runs is just very impractical. So I said "sorry, can't! wish I could, but its just not gonna happen"
She ended up having to work for 3 extra hours. 

Last night at around 7pm I was enjoying my quiet, easy going evening shift when JX calls to inform me that, and I quote, "I can't come in for my night shift tonight, you have to find someone to cover for me"
The end.
WHAT THE HELL!!! 
So I called everyone and their moms and no one could come in and work night shift with 3 hour notice. So I had to work... not just for an additional 3 hours, but for 9 hours.
WHAT THE HELL AGAIN!!! for all you math lovers, my 7 hour shift + a 9 hour shift equals 16 hours. Now add the fact that it was 9 hours of night time and that makes a suicide worthy amount of work hours!! 
Thats kind of a high interest rate for whatever she felt I owed her. Maybe she didn't feel like I owed her, I just think she did, because she hasn't been friendly to me once since the runs incident. 

I think I should clarify though, my extra long unexpected night shift wasn't bad at all! it was actually quite pleasant. I do however hope JX was throwing up like a geyser. It would make my mean side feel a whole lot more happy.
Tuning out my mean side.
Long live peace and happiness!!

1 comment: