Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ohh Winter, Just Give Up Already!

Today is the last day of winter, and what a day it was. This morning I was running a bit late for work, not terribly late, just a little... that is until I stepped outside and realized it had started snowing. 
My usual 15 minute drive to work turned into an hour stuck in traffic. Quite refreshing on the last day of winter. 
By 3pm all the snow had melted away, the birds were singing and it was warm and sunny. Dear Iceland, I love you, but you have got to get those mood swings under control! 

Last week at work I was trying to come up with craft ideas for the people I work with. We (the staff) took a whole week about a month ago and tidied up the storage room. During that process we discovered a whole lot of potential craft materials; Things that just need a bit of love and attention to become something beautiful.
Among those things were some cut out material circles. I decided to experiment. The following photos  show the result of the experiment. 
The project is not fully finished. I plan on bringing the flowers home with me to finish this weekend and will be posting a tutorial shortly after that. So stay tuned. 

No comments: