Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't forget to pray!!


I don't really know where to begin...maybe I should start with a prayer....or read the book of mormon....haha... My sister, julie, her mom and I were talking about the problems that come with being mormon and being so used to starting all meetings with a prayer, somehow the conversation took a turn and we got to the subject of mormons not knowing what to do on their wedding night and suggesting reading the book of mormon (true story hahah) after we were done laughing at that story we decided it would probably be best for me to start with a prayer when the time comes....I am not 100% sure but I think we might all go to hell for tonights conversation.
If you don't know what the heck I am talking about, don't worry, you're probably better off not knowing.

This morning I got a picture that proves that people from Hafnarfjörður are not stupid!
This is a picture of a large vehicle watering Víðistaðatún, which is a big grass field suffering from lack of water due to absolutely beautiful weather. Last year no one bothered to water the place, instead they just attempted to mow the dead grass. This year they have apparently learned from experience, mowing dead lawns is not good. And if you are wondering why they are watering the grass when the sky looks like it might rain, its an optical illusion. It never rains in Iceland!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe I should come to Island so I can teach you vikings how to keep grass alive!