Monday, January 5, 2009

This for my mom and dad, I love you!


I know I already blogged today, but something just happened and I had to blog some more...
This is for my parents. I love them so much!
When I was little I used to be afraid that they wouldn't make it, that they would get sick and tired of each other, and I am sure they did every once in a while. But one day I walked by the living room and there was music playing in there like so many other times, but when I looked, I saw my parents, after 20 years of marriage, dancing with each other.
Just a couple of minutes ago my mom commented on a picture of my dad on facebook saying "25 years with this handsome man....pinch me!! :)" for some reason it made me cry, in a good way. The fact that love does exist, that two people can still be in love after 25+ years together, after 25+ difficult years together. Its so beautiful and it gives me hope.
I want what they have, and wish the same for all of my friends and loved ones; true happiness in one form or another!
Tomorrow is my parents 25th wedding anniversary, and I want to say thank you to them, for teaching me about love, that its not always easy but it is always worth it.
Takk mamma og pabbi, ég elska ykkur!

3 comments:

Hera said...

Marriage is a lot of hard work. Thanks for the comments on your parents. That photo of them is just lovely.
I think most difficulties in marriage can be worked through.
Have a lovely day

MiriamR said...

What a beautiful post. Your mamma is lovely and your dad is a rock. Sorry I didn't want to say your dad was lovely because that sounds too girly so I just came up with rock.

Kimberly Gochnour said...

It is so good to see marriages that work out these days!!