Saturday, June 25, 2011

Love of self and love of life



I am totally in love with myself. Tonight when I was cleaning off my makeup and brushing my teeth I looked in the mirror and realized I am perfectly happy with the way I look. I like my face, my hair and my body. I also, and more importantly, like who I am. The person I am. Sometimes I get lost in trying to please others. I lose grip of who I really am. I don't like that and am trying my best to take time for myself every day to just be me and remember who I am. so that when I get tempted to jump into people pleasing mode I can better remind myself of who I am and that people pleasing is rarely if ever worth it when you are not being true to yourself. You can however often please people, or bring joy to people, by simply being yourself.
I like that I like myself.

Today was wonderful!! I woke up at 2pm and went to work at 4pm. It was my second evening shift at my new job. I love that I love my job. It is such a wonderful job to have! I love that it makes me feel wonderful. I get to take care of people who cannot take care of themselves. I get to have meaningful conversations with people who can't speak. I get to cook and clean and sing to the songs on the radio. I get to stay in a beautiful home with 5 angels and I get paid for it! And the days when I don't have work, I get to help my family, hang out with friends, read and knit do other things I enjoy doing, develop my talents and learn new things. I get to learn and grow and feel so alive every day. I am totally in love with my life.
to be continued...



No comments: