Friday, July 1, 2011

Too much?

First off, this picture just makes me laugh, so I thought I would post it in my blog and share it with all you lovely people!



Now, lets get back to business.

What happens when life starts offering you too many good options...? How am I supposed to know what to do with all this goodness?
I was riding my bike to my sisters house today at noon. The sun was shining. I was perfectly happy. And so I started counting all the things I love about myself and my life. Selfish? self absorbed? I think not. I think it is good to realize how blessed you are. Count your blessings, name them one by one.
I love my hair, I love my face, I love my body, I love that I am healthy, I love that I am getting an education, I love that I love my job, I love that I have a job, I love that I have a bike, I love that it is summer, I love that I have such a wonderful family, I love that I could sleep in today, I love that I have great friends, I love that I am financially alright, I love that I know a really nice guy who likes to spend time with me, I love that I don't need him but like to be around him, I love that I can read books other than school books and the list goes on and on... I love life!!

I spent the day with family and friends, cut my nephews hair, went swimming with a few loved ones after which we went for some icecream and then a movie and pizza and then cozy times with live guitar music. Then I got home, prayed with my family before jumping into bed with my lovely lap top to write a blog. I decided to check my facebook and found that I had a message from an old friend.

I read the message... and now things are different. Now I actually have to think about what I want. What do I want? When life offers you so many good things, when you are so blessed, how do you know which blessings God intends for you and which ones are just ... just for now.

Good thing it is fast Sunday this weekend. That means time to ponder and pray and listen for answers.





No comments: