Thursday, September 27, 2012

Time to wake up from that nightmare!

Did you know that when you don't sleep much for long periods of time you tend to have nightmares once you finally start sleeping more again. Well, I knew that, I just forgot... until I was rudely reminded.
I have now moved back to my parents place, which for some reason makes me more relaxed. So finally last night I was able to go to sleep at a descent hour and slept till 8am this morning. Yay for finally sleeping 8 hours and all through the night. I feel like I am baby blogging "she finally slept through the night".
Thing is I was sleeping over at my apartment where everything around me reminded me of something I needed to get done. so I only ever fell asleep really really late and out of exhaustion, and if, heaven forbid, I woke up too early there was no way I was getting back to sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about what I needed to do since I was surrounded by reminders.
So, sleeping in an attic with nothing of your own around you except your lap top and cell phone can be a blessing. But going from an average of 4 hours of sleep a night to 8 hours can cause a feeling of extreme laziness and, whats even worse, nightmares. Nightmares that involve your fiancé changing his mind and asking for the ring back.
So today I have been sort of in a funk, due to bad dreams, lack of internets and lack of readily available communication devices.
Today just kinda sucks to be honest.


No comments: