Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Rambling Bride


Its almost time to leave my pretty pretty and nasty cold and windy Iceland.
I've got all my suitcases in the living room, ready to be re-packed (thats right, I have packed them once already, but that was about 4 weeks ago, and I needed a couple of million things that I had already packed, so I opened them all again. So now, instead of being 3 suitcases and some hand luggage, its 1 big pile.
Yay for being a girl!!
So anyways, I am trying to get as much done as I possibly can before heading off to Wales so that I can enjoy just spending time with my future husband for the next couple of weeks before we get married. I am, however, sure we will be pretty busy even if I were to finish everything I possibly could finish here.
Whats left?
- rings
- figuring out the car and rides for the wedding day
- money is always fun, kinda wish we had more of it, but then again who doesn't :D
- find jobs
- bake cakes for the reception
- decorating the chapel/reception hall (that will hopefully just take a couple of hours and I am so thankful for all the wonderful family members and friends who have offered to help)
- make sure we have people who can help with the food and cleaning up after the reception on the wedding day (I am so glad I belong to a religion that is service focused. It means I get to help when others need help and I receive much needed help when much needed :D yay for Christianity!)


Today I woke up a bit earlier than I would have liked, but it was well worth it. I have now finished the food sign, the seating poem (which J still needs to put his stamp of approval on) and the reception rules (See photos with todays blog post).
We don't want to have a seating plan for our wedding reception so I googled: no seating plan sign
and got about a million results, but they were all the same sign.
Come as you are
Stay as long as you can
We are all family here
So no seating plan

First off, It seems everyone is using the same poem for a "no seating plan" reception. I am not like everyone else. Not that I think I am any more special than anyone else, I just like being me.
Also, I don't really want people to think they can stay as long as they can. Some people think they can stay for days!! none of that!! also also, we are not all family. Well I guess, as children of God we are all family, but a huge chunk of the guests have never even heard of each other. So lets not pretend. But that doesn't have to be a bad thing! 
So I wrote my own poem.
It may suck, but hey, I tried!

The Seating Poem

Whoever has a rear end
will surely find a seat
whether family or friend
someone new you're sure to meet

So stand if you please
or sit if you can
do whatever you like
for there is no seating plan

It feel SO GOOD to finish things.
Now I just need to dye some material, make the honeymoon fund jar, pack my bags, dye my hair, go tanning and get on an airplane. Can I just say, I AM SO EXCITED!!
These are the flower circlets I had made for me and the bridesmaids/flower girls 
I love them!!

3 comments:

Minnie said...

I'm very happy for you :D Planning a wedding must be stressful but it sounds like you've got everything figured out. Best of luck :)

xoxo Minnie

http://colourofthewinds.blogspot.co.at/

123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly Gochnour said...

I freaking love you!!! I want to be there so bad!!! Yay for you and getting married in just a few days!